Sea Salt Dark Chocolate Almond Clusters
-This sweet 'n' salty Paleo treat is sure to satisfy cravings + leave you feeling fully energized!-
It’s no mystery that almonds are highly beneficial to our health + in fact, they have become known as one of the healthiest foods available. They are high in unsaturated fats, protein and fiber in addition to many other vitamins and minerals necessary for optimum health. This low carb, low sugar food has been shown to decreased cholesterol levels, assist with blood sugar control, curb hunger cravings, and much more!
Almonds in and of themselves have become one of my favorite grab and go snacks as they have incredible nutritional value, are easily transportable, and fulfill the desire for a crunchy treat. But, sometimes a handful of raw almonds just doesn't cut it and a little something extra is needed. Because I have a giant obsession with both the sweet AND the salty foods in life, when I feel a 'little something extra' is needed, I look for new ways to experiment with healthy snack recipes that include the best of both worlds. And that's how this recipe came to be.
Dark chocolate, almonds, sea salt… there’s no way you can go wrong with those ingredients. These Sea Salt Dark Chocolate Nut Clusters are sweet, salty and healthy, PLUS it only takes about 10 minutes to throw together this recipe when a late night craving hits! Quick, easy + delicious, it doesn’t get much better than that!
Sea Salt Dark Chocolate Nut Clusters
· 16oz. Raw Organic Almonds
· 1 Bag Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Chips
1. Cover a sheet pan with parchment paper
2. Empty the bag of chocolate chips into a medium sized microwaveable bowl
3. Heat the chocolate chips in the microwave until completely melted, stirring frequently
4. Remove from the microwave, and add the almonds into the bowl
5. Stir the mixture thoroughly, making sure to coat the almonds completely with the chocolate
6. Spoon small dollops of the mixture onto the parchment paper
7. Sprinkle sea salt on top and allow the clusters to dry
Now it’s your turn, what is your favorite healthy snack to eat when late night cravings strike?
**Some links above may be my affiliate links, which means I get a small commission if you click on it and confirm a purchase. Doing this is no additional cost to you, but it is very helpful to me. Your support is greatly appreciated, so thank you in advance if you choose to do so.