Mocha Pecan Ice Cream
-Paleo Friendly Banana Ice Cream!-
If you're anything like me, this recipe is going to be a life saver. I am a HUGE sweets person and for the past ohhhhh..... 8 years I've been hooked on ice cream. In my younger years the brand or shop the ice cream came from was the least of my concerns. Dairy Queen had my heart in college, I spent many evenings at the local shop with some of my best friends testing out the latest 'blizzard of the month.' However, as I grew older (& met my food connoisseur boyfriend) my preference for ice cream became of the higher end. Haagen-Daz, Ben & Jerry's... but it wasn't long before I discovered the locally made Sweet Science Ice Cream, which currently holds the honorary title of "my favorite ice cream."
However, good Sweet Science Ice Cream may be, it is a 'treat' something that I do not purchase or eat on a regular basis. But, since my craving for ice cream rarely subsides this simple, healthy, dairy-free ice cream is the perfect late night 'guilt-free' dessert. I hope you enjoy it as much as Austin & I do!
- 2 bananas, frozen
- 1/4C. full fat coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp. whole coffee beans
- 1 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp. pecan pieces (extra for topping)
- 1 Tsp. pure vanilla extract
- In a food processor blend pecans & coffee beans
- Then, add all other ingredients to the food processor & blend until smooth
- Remove ice cream from food processor
- Top with pecan pieces & ENJOY
Simple. Healthy. & Oh So Delicious!