Paleo Peppermint Bark
-A gluten free, grain free & dairy free holiday treat that you don't have to feel guilty about!-
The holiday season is in full swing as Christmas is right around the corner (11 days to be exact). The hustle and bustle is here, this proved true when I attempted to grocery shop yesterday... remind me to stay away from all stores on weekends in December, because it was chaotic!
As everyone is preparing for the gatherings of family and friends throughout the next few weeks, I want to make sure that you have plenty of healthy options that you can bring to the party and enjoy without feeling horribly guilty the next day. Everyone thinks that healthy eating is boring, bland food, however this could not be further from the truth! This recipe for Paleo Peppermint Bark is just another example of a real food holiday treat that is so good it melts in your mouth and will have your relatives immediately requesting the recipe (especially if they know it's somewhat healthy for them)! The taste 'WOW' them and it's cute, festive appearance makes for a beautiful center piece, so find a holiday platter, fill it with this Peppermint Bark and watch as it quickly disappears as your next Christmas gathering.
- 1/4C. Coconut Butter
- 1/4C. Coconut Oil
- 1/2C. Cocoa Powder
- 3Tbsp. Pure Maple Syrup
- 1/2Tsp. Peppermint Extract
- 1 All Natural Candy Cane, crushed
- Add the coconut butter and coconut oil to a small saucepan and warm over low heat until it completely turns to liquid
- Remove from heat and allow the mixture to cool for 3 minutes
- Then add in the cocoa powder, maple syrup, and peppermint extract
- Whisk all ingredients together until combined
- Pour liquid into a parchment lined baking dish and let sit in the freezer for 5 minutes
- As the candy begins to freeze, place the candy cane in a plastic bag and crush
- Remove the chocolate from the freezer and sprinkle with the candy cane
- Place back into the freezer for 10-15 minutes or until hard
Interested in more paleo holiday cookie recipes? Check out my Paleo Cutout Cookies!
What is your favorite Christmas candy to make/eat???
**Some links above may be my affiliate links, which means I get a small commission if you click on it and confirm a purchase. Doing this is no additional cost to you, but it is very helpful to me. Your support is greatly appreciated, so thank you in advance if you choose to do so.